Final stop, Toodyay!
The Charity - Youth Focus
Youth Focus is a unique independent not for profit organisation that supports vulnerable young people in Western Australia by offering a range of mental health services. We operate with a team of highly trained and skilled psychologists, social workers and occupational therapists to provide a range of early intervention and prevention services free of charge, aimed at supporting young people and their families to overcome the issues associated with suicide, depression and self harm.
- To prevent suicide and self-harming behaviors in young people.
- To provide a youth friendly community based support service.
- To offer early support and assistance to young people and their families.
- To promote the development of coping, interpersonal and psychosocial competencies in young people through counselling and training.
- To promote strong and caring relationships between young people, their families, peers and communities.
- To work in a coordinated and collaborative manner with other agencies/organisations which may also be providing services to the young person and/or his/her family.
We aim to understand young people and their difficulties within the broader context of their lives which includes family, friends, school and their local community. This understanding acknowledges the effect of past experiences, the significance of current issues and circumstances, and the nature of adolescence as a life stage.
We provide our free services in a way that are “youth friendly”, flexible, needs driven and personalised. We offer our services from our offices located in Burswood, Geraldton, Joondalup, Midland, Rockingham, Bunbury and Albany as well as via our schools and outreach programs.
Our key services include:
- Youth counselling
- Family counselling
- Peer support programs
- Mentoring programs
- Training & education programs
To find out more about how we can help you or someone you care about please visit our website www.youthfocus.com.au or alternatively call us on 6266 4333.